Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Two-Edged Sword


I knew there were two sides to you,

But can love reason, can love see?

"That other side is not for you-

For you, my sweetest side will be".



I saw that smooth, velvety glow

I checked the shine, so bright, so true

I flaunted you to a friend (a foe)

Now looking back, I think she knew.



I got so used to you being near

The hazy aura around you

Would never let me see the clear

Sharp edges on this dagger new.



And love you feigned, with evil thoughts

You crept into my memories

The flame that killed the swarming moths

Began to know no boundaries.



My love was like the river blue

That longed to meet the sprightly sea

And out of love it happily threw

Away its worthy identity.



This other side of you, my dear

Did caress me before the blow

And now, I tremble out of fear

For trickling down, my blood does flow.



I cannot rise from this low fall

I prostrate, and pray to my Lord

I whisper in pain, I recall:

I trusted a two-edged sword.



(Inspired by a scene from a movie. The girl falls in love with a criminal who ultimately kills her)

Image source: http://goo.gl/EYLUq

No comments: