Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Alone

Walking, not knowing where
Stumbling over the surprised stones
My opaque eyes look into the dark
And stare.
Groping for the ground
Fumbling for the cracks I have to fix
My arms stretched out in front
And my legs, bound.
Flinching in fear at a far call
Streaming sweat on my shivering silhouette
My path betrays me again
And I fall.
Reaching out, I rise, in rue
Wanting though to wait awhile
My heart aching, pleading to stop
And bid adieu.

But he bides somewhere, beyond the dark and stones
Far away, in a land too foreign to fathom
I shall trudge towards him, again and again
Alone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice texture in your poem, Darakhshan!

There are experiences that cannot been exchanged, they are unique to each individual, you must live them!

Loneliness is one of those, and you make a beautiful description of this nontransferable feeling putting a gloomy atmosphere surrounding the physical and psychical environment, although there is something of a hope in retrieving happiness "somewhen" on a foreign land!

Very good writing!

Darakhshan said...

Thank you!