Saturday, March 3, 2012

Decay

Like the dark night

Which bites into a full moon

And the abandoned nest

After the birds fly away

My deepest desires and skills

Are lost in a race today.


Like a bright morning

Which hazes out in the fog

And the autumn leaf

That comes down at fall

I walk like a drunken man

And write like you scrawl.


Like the light streaming

From the ventilators onto the floor

And the preserved flowers

Arranged on a potpourri

I live a strange illusion

That feels like a real story.


Like the odor on my body

Sprinkled with perfume

And the beauty of a woman

In the heights of her youth

I forget that this glitter will fade

Under the glow of the truth.


Like a living plant

That slowly dries into fodder

And the brilliant fire

Surely dying on the coal

Unaware, I decay every minute

Until I sleep into the hole.

No comments: