Friday, February 24, 2012

Lost

Today I slid into a world


Of haste, want and muddy desires


and a precious memory


Of friendship, laughter and tears


Was lost today.


Today on this crowded road


Of heat, pain and fear


I walk and foray


Into the remains of my life


And pray.


Pray for peace


Of mind, heart and soul


Where I can rest and lay


In the quiet arms of happiness


And sleep away.


Away from the eyes


Of sympathy, sentiment and emotion


Where I can sway


In the glory of wisdom and light


And play.


Play in the abode


Of togetherness, love and joy


Where I can come and say


Words that may mean nothing to you


But light up my day.


Days turn into years


Of yearning, wait and hope


Someday time will turn and stay


At a place where I hold hands with life


And walk away.




No comments: