Saturday, February 25, 2012

A broken heart

If I stare long and hard

Will my eyes melt

Under the blazing sun

That peeps into my backyard?

I can then discard

Every dream and start my being afresh.


But are these dreams in my eyes

Or are they my heart's reward?


If I close my eyes and stop this thought

For a while or two

Will my eyes then stop

The teary onslaught?

I can then go on and never halt

At the shady path my memories tread.


But are these tears in my eyes

Or are they my heart's reward?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sorry, I'd got the wrong language tape on in my mind the first time I enter the comment! Now in English:

The soft syrup of pain flows slowly from your words!

The broken heart lets its deep ache drips slowly not knowing where it hurts more... if into the pleats of the soul or on the surface of the spirit.


You are a consummated knitter of beautiful poetry!

Thank you!

Darakhshan said...

Thank you! :)