Monday, February 25, 2013

The Light


Into a forest I forayed

Of forbidden fancies and frills

I planted flowers all the way

So if I came back one fine day

After quenching my thirst for thrills

I would have my return well-laid.



Along those lanes I lighted too

A lantern with its lowered flame

So when I was headed homeward

That beacon would bear me toward

The answers of my noble aim

And I was ready with my cue.



So when the milestones on my map

Hovered on me with hazy hues

I scampered backward for my soul

With blisters from the burning coal

On paths where I had been let loose

And darkness on my mind enwrapped.



Traveling on treacherous trail

I found where my flowers once stood

They had now wilted in the wind

Their petals had now dried and thinned

And everything that was once good

A dirty sense did now entail.



I faltered, fell and fumbled for

A sense of familiarity

With where I was, with what I was

But I had scattered like the stars

And every piece with parity

Was nothing I was looking for.



And far away I saw there shined

The lamp lighted and resplendent

I moved toward it with my might

Yearning for this beacon in sight

With a radiance so scintillant

So stately and so well-defined.



My flowers faded but my light

It gets me going everyday

The fortune of my fervent faith

Has been with me: beloved mate

And with my closed eyes when I lay

I only have this light in sight.


Note: Inspired by Surah-An-Noor http://goo.gl/tQiFQ

Image Source: http://goo.gl/rRxvJ










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

mashaAllah. :)

Darakhshan said...

:)

Mariamzz said...

This is really amazing !! MashAllah indeed!