Friday, December 24, 2010

The Great Divide

Between what I want
And what you want from me
I see a great divide.

When you walk away
Into the world
Under the skies
The handsome sun
Looks down unto you
And smiles.

When I walk away
Into the woods
Along the roads
The broken twigs
Look up to me
And cry.

When you sit alone
Thinking of things
That made you sad
Someone to share with
A special someone
Is always there.

When I sit alone
Reminiscing all afternoon
Noone comes along
Just memories
And musings of the heart.

Between what you feel
And what I feel
I see a great divide.

You know this night
And the moonlight
You dance through it
Like a ready kite
A happy world
And that is all.

I know this night
I feel its breeze
But when i walk through it
I feel no ease
All I hear
Is a distant call.

You love to live
I live to live
And that is where I see
Our paths apart
Our hearts apart.

The world is yours
The earth is mine
The flowers are yours
Dewdrops are mine
The moon is yours
But the night is mine.

Between where I am
And where you are
I see a great divide.



No comments: