Sunday, December 6, 2009

When you forget..(Part II)

So, where was I? Yes, the lacuna in the story of my new "robotic" life. The big turn of events that made me discern and perceive life differently. No, I do not exaggerate; neither was I imagining this lesson life now began teaching me. And if, by any chance, it was a figment of my imagination, then I am sure many would agree it was not entirely my fault. I had been trying to figure out a valid explanation for what was happening, but could not- for a long long time.

For, when I now reached the bus stop, (Umbrella in hand, wallet in my bag, money in the wallet) I would find, surprisingly, that the singular bus I was waiting to board was not to arrive for hours. At times, the gods would send down a heavy downpour into the heat of the dusty and potholed Chennai and my umbrella would not open up until it had but ensured that I am drenched. Things around me, with me had begun to breath a life of their own. My sandal must break when I am starting for office; the crow must choose my head to shit upon; and an unaware passenger of an unaware bus must yield to her motion sickness when I am standing near her window.

It was as if there was a plan that began working to undo my planning; a map that was transfiguring my own; a force so great, that try as I might, I could not live with. And this time, it was disconcerting. It was agitating because I knew I could not do much. I stood victimized, scandalized. I was frustrated and my friends were fascinated. And, I earned a new name. "The Queen of Tragedies". It became apparent that Life, if I must quote Shakespeare, was a comedy of errors and more so with me. The ploy of Destiny could not be curbed by my designs and it was time to give up.

When I now forget things, I know it is nature's way of telling me, "You're to get late, come what may". I do not try too hard. I am fine, the way I am. I can live life to the fullest, despite what I forget and what I do not. To me, my absent-mindedness is a way of my life. And what good are you, if you cannot make a few people laugh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice post!!!!!
please visit me back....

Culture of Indonesia

thanks friend....

kb02009 said...

aapki pic subanallah! aap hume pasand
aaeyi aur please hume orkut pe aapna dost banaye! humara email id kb02009@gmail.com

Waquaar said...

Nice one yaar... :)

Anonymous said...

Brilliant insight. Your ability to pen down words, as usual, has this singular charm about it, which I so dearly love.